Ford Fund Grants: How to Apply
Requests for support are accepted and reviewed throughout the year. There are no application deadlines. To apply for support, an organization must complete a grant application online.
What Ford Fund Supports
Ford Motor Company Fund supports initiatives and nonprofit organizations in three areas: education, community life and driving safely.
We seek to build partnerships with organizations that have a well-defined sense of purpose, a demonstrated commitment to maximizing available resources, and a reputation for meeting objectives and delivering quality programs and services. We place priority on the support and development of organizations that promote diversity and inclusion.
Ford Motor Company Fund evaluates grants on an annual basis. We reserve the right to cease support if the goals and objectives under which the grant was made have been changed by the grantee; if the grantee no longer meets its goals and objectives; and/or if its goals and objectives have become inconsistent with the vision, mission and values of Ford Motor Company Fund.
Ford Motor Company Fund recognizes there are many organizations worthy of support. Unfortunately, budget and policy limitations prevent us from honoring all requests.
What Ford Fund Does Not Support
- Advocacy-directed programs, animal rights organizations, species-specific organizations
- Beauty or talent contests, sports teams, golf outings
- Day-to-day operations, debt reduction or donation of vehicles to businesses, labor groups or nonprofits
- Efforts to influence legislation, or the outcome of any elections, or any specific election of candidates to public office, or to carry on any voter registration drive, political contributions
- Endowments, fraternal organizations, organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status, private K-12 schools, religious programs or sectarian programs for religious purposes
- General operating support to hospitals and healthcare institutions
- Individual sponsorships related to fundraising activities, individuals
- Organizations that unlawfully discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical challenge, age or status as a protected veteran.
Ford Motor Company Fund
One American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126